Sunday, September 28, 2008

Running Alongside Everyone

Two and one half weeks post surgery. Not feeling too confident about ever running again. Pain in calf getting better, but I'm noticing the pain in my heel is pretty prevalent. The arch feels better, at least, but I'll rescind my adjective choice in the last post saying "amazing." ; ) Super, I'm sure, but if this has really done not-much-of-anything, I'll have to figure out what was worth it.

My friends are still running. Two Sole Sisters are gearing up for the Grand Rapids Marathon and Half Marathon--I'm sure they will post on their training soon. One Sole Sister is back into training for a 5K, and one just ran a 5K and set a PR for a run benefitting our local schools -- (great job, Chris!!!). Some other friends are figuring out their Garmins, running for local causes, triumphing over illness and still out there. I feel lost, lagging behind, too far removed from the trails.

Some silver lining--The Boot is off, so perhaps in a few weeks I'll be back at it. They gave me a 6-12 week timeframe (that seems pretty vague, doesn't it??), so we shall see. I hope the rest of you are keeping up the great work and training strong.

No comments: