Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Slow Season

It seems we've all slowed down here. I'm back in PT after surgery to lengthen a muscle in September. My arch feels so much better, but there is still a lot of strengthening to do in the foot and ankle. I can't even go up on my tiptoes, much less attempt a jog. Running up the stairs is amusing, to say the least. Good thing I've got quick reflexes to break the fall.

My teammates have been doing a great job--two ran races in October, but I'll let them post about those. I am so looking forward to running again--January seems so far away, but I know it will come quickly, and I'll feel like I'm a newbie all over again. Thank goodness I love to run in the cold weather, or I wouldn't even be looking forward to that. I'm hoping when I go back once again in January for the final post-op check-up, I get the go-ahead to hit the trails.

How is everyone else doing? Do other people feel the slow down this time of year? I know many states are still warm enough for race season to be going strong--Michigan has one or two left here in our area and then we get a little hiatus.

No comments: